EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.13 Release Notes
Guardian Digital is happy to announce the release of EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.13 (Version 3.0, Release 13). This release includes many updated packages and bug fixes, some feature enhancements to Guardian Digital WebTool and the EnGarde Secure Linux Installer, and a few new features.
EnGarde Secure Community is a secure distribution of Linux engineered from the ground-up to provide organizations with the level of security required to create a corporate Web presence or even conduct e-business on the Web. It can be used as a Web, DNS, e-mail, database, e-commerce, and general Internet server where security is a primary concern.
The following reported bugs from bugs.engardelinux.org are fixed in this release:
- #0000137 Reference to /usr/lib in php.ini on x86_64
- #0000135 AUTHENTICATION FEATURE : Kerberos
- #0000134 PHP5 built with cURL support.
- #0000133 Duplicate packages
- #0000106 Pyzor for Engarde
- #0000094 phpMyAdmin HTTP/Cookie login doesn't work
Several other bugs are fixed in this release as well.
New features include:
- A new document on engardelinux.org, "A Guided Tour of EnGarde Secure Linux", which takes through installing and configuring some of EnGarde's essential services, including Web, mail and FTP, pausing occasionally to point out how EnGarde helps you maintain a secure environment.
- There is now a link to the SELinux Audit Monitor directly from the main WebTool Auditing menu. This makes debugging SELinux policy violations much easier.
- There were several improvements made to the hardware detection subsystem of einstall, the EnGarde Secure Linux Installer, which makes installing on MegaRAID and SATA more reliable.
- We trimmed the list of packages which are installed by default and made some changes to the LiveCD filesystem to make the EnGarde Secure Linux ISO image smaller.
- Some aesthetic improvements were made to the Guardian Digital Secure Network Update Agent.
- A few new packages such as krb5 (1.6) and pyzor (0.4.0).
- The latest stable versions of clamav (0.90), dmidecode (2.9), fetchmail (6.3.7), openssl (0.9.8e), php (4.4.6), php5 (5.2.1), snort (188.8.131.52), and spamassassin (3.1.8).
All new users downloading EnGarde Secure Linux for the first time or users who use the LiveCD environment should download this release.
Users who are currently using EnGarde Secure Linux do not need to download this release -- they can update their machines via the Guardian Digital Secure Network WebTool module.
Below are the MD5 sums for the i686 and x86_64 ISO images:
52a45f6dd82814a62d6eb23dc17dc501 engarde-community-3.0.13.i686.iso 83fcf98d2dc84310a043cd10b428eedd engarde-community-3.0.13.x86_64.iso
You may download this ISO image via FTP by following the "Download Now!" link from engardelinux.org:
(It may take several days for this image to make it to our mirrors, please be patient).
New users are encouraged to explore our community forum and wiki:
* EnGarde Secure Linux Homepage http://www.engardelinux.org/ * EnGarde Secure Linux Community Forum http://www.engardelinux.org/forums/ * EnGarde Secure Linux Wiki http://wiki.engardelinux.org/ * EnGarde Secure Linux Bug Tracking System http://bugs.engardelinux.org/
Mar 06 2007 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.13 (Community)
Feb 06 2007 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.12 (Community)
Dec 11 2006 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.11 (Community)