â†?Older revision | Newer revisionâ†’
EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.3 Release Notes
Guardian Digital is happy to announce the release of EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.3 (Version 3.0, Release 3). This release includes several bug fixes and feature enhancements to the Guardian Digital WebTool, the SELinux policy, and the LiveCD environment.
Guardian Digital is also happy to announce the launch of the new, totally redesigned www.EnGardeLinux.org.
The following reported bugs from bugs.engardelinux.org are fixed in this release:
- #0000033 DHCP (pump) does not work in enforcing mode
- #0000032 USB Keyboards Do Not Work
- #0000031 MySQL 5.0.17 has been released
- #0000030 MySQL will not start in networked mode with SELinux enabled
- #0000029 Secure Shell Key Generation problem
- #0000028 Changing from static IP to DHCP on eth0 problem
- #0000025 Selecting DHCP for network interface crash the installer
- #0000019 PHP5 not availble for install
- #0000010 PuTTY cannot use keys generated in the WebTool
Several other bugs are fixed in this release as well.
New features include:
- A new WebTool frontend to the NetDiff Network Scanner, written by Pax Dickinson. You must manually install the 'netdiff' package in order to use this.
- The WebTool AIDE host intrusion detection module is now enabled by default.
- Support for USB keyboards.
- The latest stable versions of MySQL (5.0.17), apache (2.0.55), bind (9.3.2), iptables (1.3.4), mdadm (2.2), postfix (2.2.7), syslog-ng (1.6.9), tcpdump (3.9.4), and vim (6.4).
- Several new installable packages such as php5, samba, schedutils, and netdiff.
All new users downloading EnGarde Secure Linux for the first time or users who use the LiveCD environment should download this release.
Users who are currently using EnGarde Secure Linux do not need to download this release -- they can update their machines via the Guardian Digital Secure Network WebTool module.
Below are the MD5 sums for the i686 and x86_64 ISO images:
4908d40d3593390fbe33cec63ab8c4f4 engarde-community-3.0.3.i686.iso f93a8d6c447b78c388b862869d409bce engarde-community-3.0.3.x86_64.iso
You may download this ISO image from one of the following mirrors:
(It may take several days for this image to make it to our mirrors, please be patient).
New users are encouraged to subscribe to the engarde-users mailing list and to explore our wiki:
- EnGarde Secure Linux Homepage
- Subscribing to the engarde-users Mailing List
- EnGarde Secure Linux Wiki
- EnGarde Secure Linux Bug Tracking System
- Installing Extra Packages on EnGarde Secure Linux
Jan 03 2006 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.3 (Community) Dec 06 2005 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.2 (Community) Nov 01 2005 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.1 (Community) Sep 27 2005 EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.0 (Community)